Pageviews last month

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"A Real Bookstore"

 Books-A-Million, Inc., also known as BAM!, is a company that owns the second largest U.S. bookstore chain and is headquartered in Birmingham Alabama. The company operates over 200 stores in the South Midwest and Northeast United States. As of 2010, the company had about 5,500 employees.
 http://www.facebook.com/BOOKSamillion

http://waterford.patch.com/articles/books-a-million-opens-today

Comment...........I cannot believe what I found yesterday..."A Book Store"! Yes, a real live book store in Waterford Connecticut...A place where you can walk in a door and see the walls of floor to ceiling book cases with those ladders that slide over them. You can smell the thousands of real paper page turning books...You can touch or even pick up a real book and read a paragraph or the whole thing..You can walk over to a cash register and pay for it with real money to a human being who will give you change say, "Thank you sir"....Believe it or not I had tears in my eyes and had to use my handkerchief to literally dab the tears away. That my friends, is definitely not a guy thing to say! It was just like finding a treasure. Now I have a place to go to have a cup of coffee to sit and browse through actual paper books with pages or even use the Wi-Fi. Just to think this all started for me at Johnson's Book Store on Main st. in Springfield Mass. many years ago and look where I am now.. As you know I don't advertise on my page or watch anything on TV that has a commercial linked to it. However, I know that there are people that love places like this. Its called "Books-A-Million" or BAM!. The Facebook link is above and the Waterford Patch link from when it opened last November. I'm not going to say its better than "Barnes and Noble" or "Borders" but its the same. I didn't notice any changes. Except the name of the coffee shop.. I feel like an idiot not knowing this place was there. That's another, "Not a guy thing to say" I can't help it. Its an ego thing...Its a real book store..I am so excited...I think I will take a ride to the bookstore today... 




No comments: