Pageviews last month

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"Lady Ga Ga"

I actually stayed up late to watch Lady Ga Ga on Dave last night and on Saturday Night Live. Outrageous and wild all at the same time. She is loved by millions of people including myself. I don’t know about love? That would be reaching.  I do follow her on Facebook and bought her CDs. At first I couldn’t figure out what the attraction was. She is a good singer and I love the dancing that she and group does. I thought, “Why do I like her“? Then it occurred to me that she is entertainment’s version of what is happening in the United States and in the world. She represents the confusion and resistance to change with her performances. The songs are all basically the same. The beat is great. Its new and fresh. The way she dresses is her statement and it says you cant stop it so don’t try. The songs convince you to let it go, you can’t do anything about it so enjoy it. 25 years old and she has worked hard to create this unusual image. I like that she’s not a creation of a producer or an “Idol” like most of the new talent out there. I guess I watch because she’s good and to see what’s going to happen next……        

No comments: