Pageviews last month

Friday, February 1, 2013

"The Rumor Mill and Gossiping"


Yesterday the discussion at my Thursday morning breakfast meeting turned into a lesson of character defects to the extreme. Examples of what crazy things we do and can happen when we become envious and gossip. These things do happen to all of us at one time or another. We talked about what to do and what not to do when confronted with feeling angry and stressful in these times of uncertainty and what to do when you are grateful that things are going your way. Personally I think it takes years to learn how to manage your life and be successful and comfortable with yourself at the same time. Some never learn and are stuck in a groove, living a life of hate and contempt trying to take down other people. However, smart people learn by consequences and the mistakes they make. When all around us, especially in the building where I live I am surrounded by people who are jealous and want to be like me or want what I have. Which is by the way, a quiet happiness and the mystery of a real smile. Some of these people I might add are the kind of people that try to, "eat Chop Suey with one chop stick" . I do know that none of us want to feel that guilt and remorse later when we hurt someone by gossiping or slandering them, causing them to be angry. Lets face it, we all want to be safe, have the kindest and most beautiful girlfriend in the world, no bills and the nicest car. Today, I think we have to expect less and be content with what we have and like it or not some of us have to step aside. Its really not important to be perfect and be in the front of the line all the time. The idea is to stop criticizing and let the other person step in front of you. You should do this with the compassion and kindness you lost but can find buried somewhere in your soul. You should help just a little. I guarantee you will feel better about yourself.














No comments: