Pageviews last month

Monday, April 1, 2013

“Your Memories are Missing”

 
Since the digital picture age started a few years ago did you ever notice that there are no real pictures anymore? Remember, what they used to call a photograph? I mean pictures that you keep for 50 years to hand down to your kids for the “memories“. Those memories were triggered by those little pieces of paper...Yes, I agree, digital graphics are clear and it is faster than film but the real pictures on paper are missing. Remember pictures? The kind you had developed and put on paper. You took pictures with your little Brownie or if you could afford it, the 35mm camera that you bought in a real camera store. My wife’s grandfather gave me my first 35 because his hands shook and the pictures came out blurry…His name was George…You then took that roll of film to the local drug store and waited sometimes with anticipation to have them developed to see how they “came out“. Then you knew that years later your kids could look in that box in the back of the closet to see what Mom and Dad did with you and your brothers and sisters or your wonderful relatives years ago. I’ll bet you didn’t know families did mostly every thing together. Beaches, picnics and they visited each others homes almost every weekend. Mom and Dad even visited Grandma and Granddad and took pictures of them. Sometimes they bought little frames and put those paper pictures in them just to remember how wonderful their parents were… I see pictures of my Father and remember what a wonderful person he was and how he patiently and delicately guided me around the pitfalls of this dangerous world. To this day I have a picture of my Dad hanging where I can see it every day… Well no more. I mean no pictures on paper that you can save to see, say 10, 20, or even 50 years from now. Your kids and their kids won’t know who their Grand parents were, never mind what they looked like.. They won’t know who you were or what you looked like. They won’t have those precious memories that you have…This world and its odd society have even taken away your memories and your past.. Its almost like you are only here for a few years and then discarded.. Its like you don’t count anymore. In a little while you won’t exist…




1 comment:

Unknown said...

We need to print and frame some pictures of people we love. We also need to write some letters by hand, to family & friends, to our federal & State congressmen, and to an outstanding employee.