Pageviews last month

Saturday, June 22, 2013

"Firing Paula Deen is Unconstitutional!"

Official: Food Network will not renew Paula Deen's contract - CNN.com
 
New York (CNN) -- Celebrity chef Paula Deen's contract with the Food Network will not be renewed, the network said Friday, the latest fallout over revelations this week that she admitted to using a racial epithet in the past.

  Comment....... (((Warning)))....When you read this comment be careful because it contains a few epithet's, whatever that is.... Forgive me here but being of the age (Paula is 66 and from the South) and of that time when it was normal to say things like that." ...  Have any of you been to Georgia or places down South? If you think what she said was bad you haven't heard anything!
     Contrary to popular belief...Some of us still believe in, ~"Freedom of Speech."~ In my day and being of Italian extraction, I was called a Wop or a Guinea many times. Polish people were called Pollacks. The Irish were called Micks. The Jews were called Kikes. Germans were called Krauts and the Japanese were called Chinks. The Spanish were called Spicks and Blacks were called Niggers. If we were really nice we called them Colored...When I was in the military I was passing through Augusta Ga. I stopped in to Sears for one reason or another and seen two drinking fountains next to each other. The sign above them said one was for Whites and one was for Colored. It was the same for bathrooms. One for White people and the other bathroom next to it for the Colored... We were brought up to say those things and everybody said it. Even the American Indians were called Redskins. Its what they said in the movies! Now they are trying to change the name of a NFL team. They cannot stop us from thinking those words.... It will always be us and them...
      If I ever said to the guys "Hey, its not nice to say those things, I would have been punched in the arm till it was black and blue and called more names that I'm sure any of you can think of. One of the most popular sayings, in my day was, "You call a spade a spade"!
      Whatever happened to "Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me".
 A lot of people said this and now its my turn...."I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it."

      However, its now 2013 and believe me when I say this, I promise you I will never change! ... This Political correctness and our government now is just another form of control. They are trying to control everything we say and do. No matter how hard they try to change the Constitution they cannot change or control my generation like they do to today's "Clone Generation"... Call me what you want! I know what I am and who I am... I will never change! Firing someone because of something they said is still, "Unconstitutional."
    Although I don't condone what they said, it was in poor taste... I said the same thing when "Michael Richards, Jimmy the Greek" and Donald Imus lost their jobs...Paula, join the club....
                                   "ITS STILL "UNCONSTITUTIONAL!"  


If you don't know who Michael Richards, Jimmy the Greek or Don Imus was and I'll bet most of you don't, click the links below....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Snyder

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Imus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Richards


No comments: