Pageviews last month

Saturday, January 5, 2013

"Sort of a Laid Back Life"

  Today is one of those days that I am sitting here looking at the little blinking line on the word processor. Sometimes its a challenge to come up with something interesting to write about. Oh well, lets face it. By choice I live a very, I’ll never say boring life. More like, “Laid back life” is a good description . Lets see, hmm, I could write about the past but nothing brilliant comes to mind…..I could write about the future but lets face it, we really don’t know what’s going to happen even in the next few minutes. Here's proof read on..      
  I was thinking yesterday afternoon on the way home in the car in the wind and cold that I was almost home safely.....  Wait, I thought, not really. I was 2 miles from home and approaching an intersection and I thought, what if someone goes through the red light and broadsides my car? .... No, I made it through the light but did slow down and looked both ways first. Then I thought, as I was driving by a convenience store. What if someone with a gun comes out shooting and inadvertently fires at my car as I’m driving by? No, that didn’t happen…..I then glanced in the rear view mirror and thought what if someone rear ended me, in an out of control Toyota going a 100 miles an hour. Nope...Nobody was behind me. A mile to go now and I thought as I was driving down my tree lined street on this windy day, what if a tree limb broke and one of these huge branches went through my windshield. Nope, not today. Now I’m a half mile from home and I thought what if someone is shooting at cars "sniper style" from one of these homes, because of rage and anger and randomly shoots at me? Didn’t happen…. Wow, I was turning into my drive way thinking safe at last but wait, what if there is a terrorist in my building with a bomb? Well, I won’t go into that……Laid back or boring? These days life in this country, if you still call a country, is really one day at a time. Are you in control of your life or is that Higher Power that I always talk about, sort of watching over things? I was 2 miles from home yesterday and oh well, you know what I mean………How long will it be before you will see a sale at Walmart on bullet proof vests? Sizes small, medium, large, extra large and rotund....
                  

No comments: