Pageviews last month

Friday, March 8, 2013

"The Walmart Generation"

   I wrote this in 2010 ... I was telling someone yesterday about this young woman. We were discussing how many ways the government and the advertising agency's watch us and keep track of us. Now or very soon there will be Drone aircraft along with the satellite cameras, security cameras and bar codes. In a past post I mentioned human clones. You could say they are part of the Walmart generation...I think I posted this here in the past. This is the edited version but its worth another read... At least I think it is...

    I went to Walmart for some things and when I went to pay, I met “Cashier Amy“. I said, Hi cashier Amy, how are you? She replied with a cute smile, “I’m fine sir but I’m not a cashier. Its at this point I looked at her name tag again and wondered why it said, “Hi, my name is Amy” and right under that, the word cashier written in black letters on a yellow background and after all she was on the cash register. Honest, I couldn't resist here so I put on my best smile and asked her... I said, why does it say cashier on your name tag? She replied, “I don’t work in the front anymore I work in the back and I just haven’t taken it off the thing yet. I'm just filling in here right now”, she said looking and pointing at the badge. “Oh, then with a straight face I said, How are the bosses here going to know what you do?” “Are you going to have the tattoo bar code on your neck or on the inside of your arm? Wait a minute. Now, you probably realize I’m kidding, right? I am saying this to her and I look very serious and really trying not to smile…Meanwhile this kid is serious when she replies, “I not going to let them put any tattoos on me“, and in the next breath says, “Piercing I don’t mind but not tattoos“. I said, as serious as I could, “You do know that sooner or later that’s going to happen! Walmart always wants to know where its employees are and what they are doing”. Then at this point I said, “Sooner or later they will tell you to do that“. Its either that or you won’t have a job. She seriously agreed and I noticed the line was getting longer. It didn't matter because I had to leave before I started laughing. I was kidding with her but she actually thought I was serious.
   I believe that in the direction the country is going now that this will happen in the future.…..I said the other day that there so many people in this country we don’t know who are enemies are. The only solution is a neat little bar code tattoo or a GPS implant somewhere on your body. They have them on your car, dogs and cats why not on humans? It just makes sense. Cashier Amy wasn’t shocked and she actually thought I was serious. To her the idea was just one of those things that will happen sooner or later and acceptable……How do you know there wasn't some kind tracking device implanted in your body like if you born, say after 1980? Do you really know if there is some kind of locator on your body right now? A microscopic pin point that can hear and find you. Wait, there is and do you know what its called?....... Its called a cell phone…..Wait again, the reason the Government doesn’t care how many people there are in this country is…What’s the first thing they buy when they get to this country? A cell phone…Wow…. I could be on to something……Hmmmm?






No comments: