Pageviews last month

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"We Have Power!"

I woke up at 4 AM to see the light on my alarm clock blinking….The power was on…We were without power for about 68 hours. Thank you very much to the hard working guys that repair the wires after the storms like we had. I got up at about 8 AM and turned on the TV and immediately remembered why I don’t watch TV so I muted it….They are running continuous commercials. Some of which are actually starting before the they finish with the one that’s on. I thought no one has any money or jobs? It looks like the only people that are working are the people selling things to people that are selling things to people….I didn’t buy anything extra for the storm so I have a little extra money to buy a special treat for Willie and me today… I did check the gas station after my walk on the beach late yesterday afternoon only to find they had no gas at the pump I stopped at…I left because I didn’t really need gas that bad. I notice there are the usual gas price gougers and swindlers. I don’t know how they sleep at night with all that money stuffed in their pillows…The saddest thing of this day so far is the picture of the Navy Seal’s dog sleeping near his coffin at his funeral….Have a good one guys and be careful not to step on any of those wires laying all over the place…

No comments: