Pageviews last month

Saturday, November 26, 2011

"On Being Modest"

About a month ago I suggested to a young girl who was flirting with me that she dresses inappropriately for doing certain things like going to work. Now keep in mind that we are in sort of a clinical situation and that she asked me for advice while fluttering her eye lashes. At this point I will remind you that in the past I did get in trouble in a situation like this. Any guy would. A "Flashback" of that six month fiasco went through my mind and realizing this, I thought I would test the waters, as they say. I knew I was taking a risk and yes, I am from the old school but the focus should be on work not on your cleavage or your thighs. At first she said, looking at me, mouth agape with her eyes wide, “What“! and then said she, “Dresses fashionably” but after thinking about it for a few seconds and probably realizing that I was right but not being able to admit it, she went into immediate denial. With that she turned on her heel and walked away in a huff ,giving me that “Teenage girl glare” over her shoulder. I smiled knowing I had saved the day for me. There would be no more childish teasing. It was like I caught her doing a bad thing. I reminded her that to begin to change her behavior she needs to change the way she looks and acts. I told her that she is attracting the wrong kind of people and when she did that it set her self up for negative things to happen. I suggested that if she really want to get well and feel better about herself to give it a try…We travel in the same circles and I have seen her in some of the places I go and after a week or so she started to talk to me again. I didn’t say anything about our past conversation but I did notice that she is dressing more modestly, compared to the young people who dress with what I call “MTV” fashion sense. I think she may realize that work is a business and not a party. More young people both male and female would feel better about themselves if they took more pride in the way they looked.

No comments: