Pageviews last month

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

“I Don't Know, Is it Me?"


I wrote this last April.....Only certain comedians can use bad language, all others sound stupid or are just not funny…They might as well get a job bagging grocery's, not that there is anything wrong with that...

I went to “Borders” book store to hang around for a while and read. ( bookstore is not there anymore ) I was reading Sarah Silverman’s new book. This kid is funny but her humor is in bad taste, questionable and dirty. Maybe not on talk shows but on the live stage she’s cute but she has a trench mouth. That shock joke stuff only works for a little while. It surely doesn't work for her. The way I see it, she will never be a Tina Fay that's for sure. When I say that, I mean Ms.Silverman will never reach the audience that she could enjoy with clean material. There is something disgusting about being X-rated. Richard Pryor and George Carlen could get away with it but they eventually cleaned up their act. Robin Williams tried the dirty material on a DVD and cable TV show not too long ago. Guess where it is now? Right, you guessed it, in the toilet. I could only stand to watch a little bit of that trash. Williams saying all those dirty things some how doesn’t work…I can’t imagine Mork saying the “F” word. To me Williams will always be Mork. In the book Mork is a favorite of Silverman but some where a long the line she must have missed how clean he was. I’ll bet there are more people repulsed by her than go to see her. There is a chapter in the book where she describes how she wants to use the word “Nigger” in a bit. The producer wouldn’t let her and made her change it. That’s what I mean…That, lets shock the audience stuff doesn’t work anymore. People today are too angry or sensitive….

No comments: