Pageviews last month

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"A Few Afterthoughts"

Did you ever notice that the mailmen and woman wear shorts in the middle of winter. I seen a mail guy yesterday. The temperature was 30 degrees. He had on his shoulder mail sack and one of those fur hats with the big ear flaps and a parker style coat. His footwear was ankle length hiking boots and of coarse those blue shorts with the stripe and the side……What is up with that??? They seem to wear those shorts 365 days a year…It must be a mailman rule…
             

Yesterday, I seen some guys working on street lights outside in the cold and it reminded me of working on the runway lights at Bradley International airport. At times the wind was so cold the coffee would freeze in the cup if we didn’t drink it right away. It was such a painful cold that it would take two hours for my fingers to stop tingling. After 18 years and when I couldn’t take it anymore I went to work for the U.S. Government. Aside from moving to the shoreline of Connecticut that was one of the best moves I ever made. I guess being glad you have to go to work in the morning has a lot to do with it. 


I had an uneventful day yesterday. It seems that when time moves on and the kids grow up, Mom and Dad aren't here anymore you start to feel melancholy. I had to be reminded that I'm not alone. I met with friends last night and we had a rather emotional  talk about the holiday season and its effect on your emotions and feelings about past friends and families. Now I feel a lot better about what is going on with me. Although its going take more time for me to feel better.... Its amazing and so true, that you learn something new every day.  Its suppose to be warmer and more comfortable today so I will go to the store for a few things..I will wait till  after Christmas for any major shopping to avoid the crowds...  



No comments: