Pageviews last month

Thursday, December 29, 2011

"Mind your own Business"

 I was thinking about this caring thing I wrote about not to long ago.. It comes from a time when there were less people in this country and we all knew or thought we did, what each of us did about certain things. We knew as a group without question that we wouldn't care about what happened in another town, what the neighbors thought, the earth quake, the flood, the fire, the mass murder, we wouldn't have known about any of that stuff so we wouldn‘t have cared. .…..Hence the advice from my Mom…”Lorenzo mind your own business"…That sentence was engraved into my mind…Today, although I try to do that and I'm successful most of the time. There are times I feel like I should be caring more than I do. Television always tries to put you on a guilt trip with the send money ads and the sympathy dripping commercials…..I half care at times but pretend I don’t. I care a lot at times but pretend I only half care. One of the reasons the news or commercials have no effect on me is because I really don’t care about what happens to other people in other towns or countries because I was taught not to. ( Also, they sell time to sponsors by having the most outrageous news ) Its always about the money. The criminals and morons don’t realize that when they screw up or get caught someone makes money and it sure isn't for them….From there I get, its OK to mind my own business. Its like they have the problem but its up to me to learn by their bad experience not to do the same thing…Its just that there is so much going on. I guess when you get older and wiser you have a tendency to snub your nose at negative behavior or think, what an ass or he or she should have known better. At least that’s what I do and its OK to do that...I have certain people that I will help and will go to any length to help them…To others, I will care somewhat but I will sit by and learn by your bad experience, not to put myself in the same position you are in. I will pray for you though……I've got to go now ….Damn, Where did I put that bullet proof vest?

No comments: