Pageviews last month

Sunday, December 4, 2011

"The Wall is Thick"

     Things remain peaceful and serine for me today. The rain here is light but persistent and it just makes it difficult for me to do the things I like to do. If you notice I am not paying to much attention to the unpleasantness happening in the world. I’d like to say I don’t care but I do. Its just that Its so crazy I feel the need to focus on myself and put up that invisible wall to keep out the negativity. Every once and a while I try to do this to build up an immunity to the things going on around me. I can still see things but that wall keeps out the urge the say or do things that are hurtful. The result is the poison pen that is not quite as bad. Hey, it seems to work so I let it happen. The only disadvantage is sometimes the wall is too thick and it keeps out the good things also. There are not many of those so I have to keep a watchful eye to make sure that doesn't happen. So life continues with the road side bombs, mass murder all over the country, corrupt politicians, illegal bonuses, war in those countries that regular Americans really don’t care about but are still a drain on our economy. Next is the continuous flow of countless commercials on television of products that most of us don’t care about or can’t afford anyway, and that’s only a few. I can’t forget the local crimes of scamming, home invasions and especially those spectacular 100 mile an hour car crashes where every one involved except the driver dies, he survives without a scratch. We must not forget those ever present hit and runs by that drunk, drug addict driver just name a few. In this society these things happen every day its just a matter of when where and how. There are no surprises anymore and the things above are normal. Our homes are fortresses now to keep out the bad guys. Am I being desensitized or just being careful, wow I didn't think of that. 

No comments: