Pageviews last month

Friday, August 17, 2012

"Update - Pussy Riot Band Gets 2 Years for Hooliganism"

Russian court imprisons Pussy Riot band members on hooliganism charges - CNN.com
 

Moscow (CNN) -- Three members of Russian female punk rock band Pussy Riot were sentenced to two years in prison Friday after they were found guilty of hooliganism for performing a song critical of President Vladimir Putin in a church.
The five months they have spent in detention since their arrests in March count toward the sentence, Judge Marina Sirovaya said.


Comment....I just love the word "Hooliganism"... Its almost too funny to be a crime...When I went to the book store this morning I seen all the books written about Obama..I didn't read anything but the titles alone were saying some, not so nice things about this guy. If any of those things were true I would be hiding my head in shame instead of running for reelection. I wonder if the writers that wrote these things could be arrested for Hooliganism? Its a shame these twits have to go away for 2 years...Hey, I got an idea! They should hire a Shyster American Lawyer to get them out and then come to America and get a recording deal. They could be free here to sing about all about the corrupt politicians here in Washington and not go to prison. I wonder if the Russian prisons, do they still call it the Gulag and are they up to standards like here in America? Computers, TV, 3 square meals and conjugal visits?    OMG, Just saying, Russian prison out loud is scary...




No comments: