Pageviews last month

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

20 moments from David Letterman's 30 years in late night [Video] - latimes.com

20 moments from David Letterman's 30 years in late night [Video] - latimes.com:

"David Letterman celebrates 30 years in late-night television on Wednesday. His first show premiered on Feb. 1, 1982, in the slot after Johnny Carson's legendary talk show, with Letterman as a sharp-tongued renegade, equally happy to ruffle stars' well-practiced anecdotes and make a fool of himself (and his staff) by partaking in wacky stunts."

Letterman developed a number of running features and gags, the most enduring of which is the nightly top 10 list. The list is often topical and, as the years have passed, frequently read by someone making news themselves. One classic is Top 10 Reasons I like Being an Actor, as read by Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. (No. 9, from De Niro: "Every time I go to work I get to ask myself, 'I wonder if I'll see Harvey Keitel naked.' ")

Comment....There are some great videos on this page..
'via Blog this'

No comments: