Pageviews last month

Friday, February 10, 2012

The Associated Press: HBO defends racetrack series after 2 horse deaths

The Associated Press: HBO defends racetrack series after 2 horse deaths:

"LOS ANGELES (AP) — HBO is defending its treatment of horses used in the racetrack drama "Luck" after two of the animals died during production. The horses were injured and euthanized during filming of the series, which stars Dustin Hoffman and Nick Nolte and has been renewed for a second season. The deaths, which occurred a year apart in 2010 and 2011, have drawn criticism from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. "From the very outset of this project, the safety of the animals was of paramount concern to us," HBO said in a statement this week. "Recent assertions of lax attitudes or negligence could not be further from the truth."

Comment...........I seen episode one of this series...Big name actors and I didn't think it was that good..I didn't realize the death of the horse (only one in this episode) was real... I have episode two. I'll see it at a later date...I can only say more supervision in needed... On some movies they tell you in the credits no animals have been hurt during the filming of this production...What is going on here? I realize accidents happen but c'mon innocent horses..I don't how these killers sleep at night...

'via Blog this'

No comments: