Pageviews last month

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What happens to old and expired supermarket foods? - WFSB Channel 3

What happens to old and expired supermarket foods? - WFSB Channel 3:

"So what comes of all of this food? Fresh vegetables and meats, are often cooked up for in-store deli and salad counters before they spoil, says supermarket consultant David J. Livingston. A portion of it is inevitably thrown into the garbage and ends up in landfills. But surprisingly much of it finds a second home. Some is given away to food banks, some sold to salvage stores and the rest taken by people who scrounge outside supermarkets."

Comment..........I always wondered what they do with this food....When I buy frozen food usually its the things I like and its got to be on sale. I think that happens when when the expiration date gets close to the end...In this story they talk about scavengers ( imagine being someone has to do this ) waiting by the dumpsters to pick it up the food they throw away....I'm tempted to go and see who is there because I already know who isn't...

'via Blog this'

No comments: