Pageviews last month

Friday, June 29, 2012

"The Rules I Try to Live By"

I try to live my life by certain rules. Its more of a “Code of Conduct” than anything else. I said that to someone the other day and surprised myself. I started to think about it and this is what I came up with. I mean, I know that there are things I won’t do or lines I won’t cross. Its also knowing the consequences that prevent me from upsetting the apple cart.
1. I must realize that I can’t control the things that happen around me or the decisions that other people make.
2. I have to remember each day, that somewhere there is a God that will help me to NOT wonder why everything is happening, not only to me but to everyone else.
3. I must remember each day to let that God take care of me and the people around me but I cannot to stop caring about everyone.
4. Take a long look at myself and my behavior now and in the past and try not to repeat the negative things.
5. Discuss and tell the truth to someone or my God about my negative behavior.
6. I have the desire and the ability to let past discretion's be forgiven and not to hold grudges.
7. I must have humility realizing that everything isn’t always about me.
8. If necessary make a list, on paper of people I have hurt or have been at fault for hurting.
9. I will apologize to the people that I have offended, not getting anyone angry while doing this. This could be complicated but it is possible.
10. Each day I must remember the things I have done and if I do anything to hurt someone voluntarily or involuntarily, immediately admit it and apologize.
11. I must work on these rules each day, not expecting things to change overnight.
12. Having discovered that by living by this code, I should be helping others with kindness and patience and living each day being tolerant with everyone.

No comments: