Pageviews last month

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Firefighters Battle fires on Long Island. Picture from Connecticut Beach"

Firefighters Battle Major Brush Fires for Second Day on Long Island | NBC New York


Helicopters dumped buckets of water Tuesday over burning swaths of Suffolk County on Long Island, where brush fires have raged across nearly 1,000 acres, injuring firefighters and destroying homes.
The flames were contained on three sides by early Tuesday, but the eastern side raged on. The National Guard was on standby and a state of emergency was declared for Suffolk County.



Comment ....I actually took this picture with my cell phone camera yesterday from the beach near my house. I was taking my daily walk on the beach when I noticed the smoke...I took the picture thinking that it was very unusual to see that amount of smoke from my side of Long Island Sound...




 

No comments: