Pageviews last month

Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed With Stage Four Prostate Cancer"

Ryan O'Neal Diagnosed With Stage Four Prostate Cancer - E! Online

 
Ryan O'Neal 
Ryan O'Neal is fighting a new battle.

The 70-year-old actor, who was diagnosed with leukemia in 2001, has just revealed that he was recently diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer.
"Although I was shocked and stunned by the news, I feel fortunate that it was detected early and according to my extraordinary team of doctors the prognosis is positive for a full recovery," O'Neal said in a statement. "I am deeply grateful for the support of my friends and family during this time, and I urge everyone to get regular check-ups, as early detection is the best defense against this horrible disease that has afflicted so many.

Comment.....As an actor he was one of my favorites..I say was because he hasn't done much work in the past few years...Life goes on and that means none of us are exempt from the sicknesses and the crazy things that happen in this world..Its sad to think Ryan has felt the pain of most of those things...People put actors, actresses and singers on a pedestal or in the so-called spot light but these well known individuals are known only because of what they do for a living. They are still human. No one is untouchable. Don't throw rocks or ever say "It can't happen to me" because when you least expect it....well, you know the rest and if you don't you will soon figure it out...

No comments: